Chief Data Officer
Here at Current we are passionate about company culture and building better teams. So passionate, in fact, that we developed predictive analytics software to help companies create better workplaces. The nature of our work means we are tackling a lot of data for a number of different clients. We are looking for a Chief Data Officer that cares about making the workplace better and can help us improve our own operations. As a C-level member of a startup, this role will wear a number of different hats. Your key responsibilities will be innovating, updating and securing our client data, but you’ll also be asked to implement machine learning initiatives, manage external data warehouses and even help with Google Analytics. As we grow, you can expect this role to grow as well. You’ll be in charge of managing our future data analytics team.
We’re a small startup team and we act like it. Many of our internal processes and systems still need to be developed. This is why we need a flexible, driven, and data-focused individual to help us grow!
- Feeling comfortable with ambiguity and the requirements of a startup
- Wearing many different hats and helping with non-data related tasks
- Staying up to date on company culture and organizational behavior trends
- Caring about making the workplace better
- Developing our data strategy and analytics roadmap
- Driving data governance and security for our software and clients
- Designing machine learning algorithms to find new organizational behavior connections
- Testing solutions and quality assurance
- Creating organized, high performing code
- Developing innovative processes using data to drive growth
- Working in close partnership with the Current team and clients
- Hiring and managing a team of dedicated data scientists
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Computer Science or other quantitative disciplines
- Ability to develop client facing data analytics dashboards in tools such as PowerBI
- Knowledge or interest of artificial intelligence and machine learning; knowledge of machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling preferred
- Experience implementing or studying big data best practices
- Previous Google Analytics monitoring
- Ability to work closely with a small team with little or no guidance
- Past experience managing a team
- Strong inclination for innovation
At Current, we stand by the idea of being transparent. We are currently (no pun intended) in the process of acquiring funding. While we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, we will need to split your compensation between both salary and equity in the company. The downside to this is a bit of a lower salary in the short term. The upside is that you own a part of Current and your work directly impacts the earnings you make in the future. Are you the type of person ready to take on this challenge?
OUR OTHER PERKS
- Amazing work culture, after all, it’s what we are dedicated to!
- Unparalleled learning experience in a fast-paced, innovative startup
- Equity and ownership of the company you work for
- The opportunity to join the leadership team and drive your own strategy
- As the fourth member of the team, you will have an opportunity to help develop and implement a company-wide benefits plan
- Growth and development through individualized soft skill training provided by our third party partners
- This chance to develop, manage, and experience the full operations of a company